Monday, December 29, 2008
• Diarrhea diapers (yup – he’s had his 1st blowout…this 2nd blowout and this 3rd blowout!)
• Gags eating “solid” food and throws up (in Tuscano’s lobby Saturday afternoon none the less….)
• Suddenly starts crying in the bath tub while playing with this toys
• Successfully scratched up the back of his neck and inside of one of his ears with his killer claws (yes – we do cut them)
• Cries when he drops the toy his playing with…heaven forbid he bend down and pick it up….
• Falls asleep for bed at 7:30pm – and sleeps 12+ full hours!
Well – at our morning visit with the pediatrician we learned Zach has DOUBLE ear infections. Our sweet little baby isn’t turning into a terror – he has a legitimate reason to not feel or act “good”. Finally a visit to the doctor where the co-pay was well spent!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
- Sunday - we both give talks at church; decorate the Christmas tree we cut down two days earlier. Head to bed, 30 minutes later hear our tree crash to the floor (compliments of our cats and too small of a Christmas tree stand). Spent the next hour tying our tree to the banister of the stairs, picking up broken ornaments and sucking a couple gallons of water out of the carpet with the steam cleaner.
- Monday - exhausted from the Sunday night mishaps. Buy a new "larger" Christmas tree stand, redecorate the tree, and make the shopping list for Dustin's work Christmas party which is at our house on Wednesday. Zach decides his new bedtime is midnight and literally cries and screams from 8pm to midnight.
- Tuesday - exhausted from Monday nights activities and a child that didn't want to go to bed. Learn of some issues at work that will obviously take more than the allotted 8 hours of my day to fix. Come home (thank you to Dustin for getting take out for dinner!) finish decorating the house for the party tomorrow night and head to the local Walmart (YUCK) for food/christmas gift shopping - 1.5 hours later (10pm at night) I return home to find Zach wide awake...he decides his bedtime is yet again not 8pm, but midnight.
- Wednesday - exhausted from Tuesday's activities and decided to take the day off from work to catch up on my mental/physical health....this included sleeping in until noon and getting a massage. Then enjoying the Christmas party at my house this evening. 8:30pm rolls around....and Zach still doesn't want to go to bed....urgh...midnight yet again.
- Thursday - wake up at 4am barfing. Can't afford to take another day off work (remember the full plate at work on Tuesday and I just took the day before off!)...skip breakfast, skip lunch...walk out in the middle of two separate meetings to go barf in the bathroom at work....by the end of the work day I realized I had motion induced nausea - get an earful from everyone that I am pregnant (NO I AM NOT!)....head home and veg on the couch (big thanks to Dustin for taking the Zach duties for the night...which included the midnight bedtime). After chilling on the couch for an hour I realize I can't move...my muscles had tightened up so much. I start getting the chills...head to bed with my electric blanket cranked.
- Friday - wake up at 8am (should have been up at 6am to get to work on time), realize my motion induced nausea was gone and I can actually keep down breakfast. Generally feeling better but just exhausted - but yet again can't skip work because of too much going on at work. Good thing I did go to work because several problems were solved - and lots got done...I actually left the work day feeling accomplished. Come home, play with Zach, enjoy a Cafe Rio burrito for dinner (take out compliments of Dustin again)...at this point I look at Zach's teeth and see that tooth #6 was about to break through and the gums physically look like they hurt - seriously, you know when you get that pimple on your face that just won't pop but hurts sooooooo bad...this is what Zach's gums looked like for tooth #6. I think I get smart by giving him Tylenol before bedtime...and Zach actually falls asleep drinking his 8pm bottle (THANK GOODNESS!)...put him to bed, thinking finally after 4 nights of being up to midnight he would get a normal nights sleep....WRONG! 9pm rolls around and Zach is up crying, crying, crying...that tooth is just killing him. I try orajel for the first time...didn't help...I think it actually made his upper lip swell. 30 minutes later I give him highlands teething tablets...he calms down...and 30 minutes later falls asleep laying next to me on the couch. I tip toe to put him to bed and he actually sleeps until 8:30am Saturday morning!
- Saturday - wake up and finish wrapping the Christmas gifts I couldn't get to the other days this week...seal up a package to head to North Carolina...we hit the road so I can mail that package - find it will cost me $90 to get it to NC on Wednesday, $19 to get it there Friday....one of the gifts in the package is for a Thursday birthday - sorry Craig, the $19 won out...your gift (which you will love by the way) will be a day late. Next stop hair cuts for Zach and Dustin - which actually turned out much better than our first hair cut experience with Zach....no tears this time....and he is still mesmerized by the yellow balloon. Now I need to start making a list of everything else to get done before Christmas!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (been to it, was unable to go to top)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Ran a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
52 out of 99 - not too bad for the first thirty years of my life! :)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
This was as close to a smile we could get - it was already about an hour past Zach's nap time....and he was ready to crash.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
- Halloween decorations cannot be displayed until October 1st
- Thanksgiving decorations cannot be displayed until November 1st
- Christmas decorations cannot be displayed until the day after Thanksgiving.
We have found that doing it this way helps us enjoy each and every holiday...and doesn't allow for us to "skip" one. As for the house in my neighborhood - they must not be celebrating Thanksgiving this year!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Five things I was doing 10 years ago:
1- Recovering from a concussion due to a nasty rollerblading accident.
2- Starting my junior year of engineering school at BYU.
3- Grading math department student homework to pay for groceries.
Sad...but I can only think of three things....I guess that is/was the life of a college student!
Five things on my to do list today:
1- Blog about Tahoe vacation
2- Go grocery shopping
3- Make lunch/dinner menus
4- Pick up the house after my unpacking tornado
5- Take down the Halloween decorations
Interesting that none of this things got done today....
Five of my favorite snacks:
1- chocolate (anything)
2- green grapes
4- crumble donuts (dang vending machines at work!)
5- diet coke with lime
Five jobs I have had:
2- Swim Instructor
3- Engineering teaching assistant for Microprocessor design class
4- Photolithography summer intern (an engineering thing)
5- Device/Process Integration Engineer
Five Things I would do with a million dollars:
1- buy a sportscar
2- buy a new wardrobe
4- pay off our parents homes
5- put the rest in savings
Five things that made me laugh this week:
1- Zach learning to "growl" from his cousin Scott.
2- Someone mistaking my nephew for a girl because he was pushing a baby pink stroller around. 3-Actually winning some money from slot machines in Lake Tahoe.
4- Watching Zach dance in his highchair to the music playing at a Mexican resturant.
5- The way Dustin made our suitcases "stretch" to get all our stuff back from California.
Five people I tag to answer these same questions:
5 - Rushell
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
A quick note on the candy....Zach dug through all the candy in his trick-or-treat bad and picked out TWO three musketeer bars to chew on. He apparently is a fan of the silver packaging!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
We ended up carving our two big pumpkins. One turned out to be a bat...the other a pumpkin face. Be sure to vote on who has the better carving skills and made the pumpkin face! Our finished products:
Sunday, October 26, 2008