background

Friday, February 29, 2008

Where is Sammie?

So tonight it hit me that I had not seen Sammie all day. About 8pm I told Dustin we needed to look for her (our house isn't that big!). He headed down to the basement and came up saying she was in one of the new bedrooms. I haven't been downstairs in a few days so I knew her disappearance wasn't my doing.....apparently Dustin reset the cable modem last night and Sammie snuck in the room while he wasn't looking. SHE WAS LOCKED IN THE BEDROOM FOR 24 HOURS! In her 24 hour moment of solitary confinement she managed to piss in every corner of the room and tried to "dig" out of the room and did some damage to the carpet in a corner by the door. We couldn't get mad at her - the poor cat was just freaked out and it was all our fault. We figured the first thing she would have done once released is use the litter box or eat something...but no...she just wanted to be by our side. She kept walking circles around our kitchen island. Normally Aussie is pretty good about "notifying" us when something is wrong - not this time! He was too occupied watching birds in our backyard - he probably liked having the day to himself!

1 comment:

Craig said...

Dang! When I told Craig what had happened, he looked at our cats and said "If you ever get locked in a room for 24 hours, don't think that the corners are your bathroom, because if you do, you are OUT! No more cats!" He would have been so ticked. I'm sure you guys were too. Glad you found her though, before something really bad happened. I think it is funny that Aussie just went about his day as if nothing happened. He was probably laughing on the inside!