background

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Walmart Adventure

I HATE shopping at Walmart. I really never minded it until we moved to Utah. The closest Walmart is in American Fork - they can not keep the shelves stocked with food and they never have enough cashiers (some times I spend more time waiting in line to pay than I actually spend getting the items I need to buy!). So why go to a store that is always out of what is on my list to buy and takes to long to get out of - convenience. Last night was an evening of convenience. I had to pick up a prescription at Walgreens...and realized I needed some food items for Zach - Walmart is across the street from Walgreens and it was just Jen and Zachary on this road trip. I cringed, but decided to go for the Walmart to make my evening of errands complete.

The 10 minutes of walking through the aisles wasn't too bad, Zach was entertained by everyone walking around and luckily the few items I needed to purchase were "in stock". We were just about to head to check out and Zach's face turned bright red. I thought he was about to scream since he has been dealing with a bought of constipation lately (hence the trip to walmart for specific baby food items recommended by the pediatrician). I picked him up out of the shopping cart seat, put his head on my shoulder...just as he proceeds to throw up his dinner that was eaten an hour earlier....all over my shoulder and projectiles on to the floor....in WALMART!

So what would you do? The only thought I had running through my head was "well I guess I am buying some paper towels now too....". Luckily there was a paper towel dispenser WITH PAPER TOWELS IN IT at the end of the aisle...so the mess on the floor was quickly wiped up. I walked up the check stand (which was thankfully short on this day) payed and we left. Zach slept on the way home and all I could think about is getting home and changing my shirt because I smelled like throw up.

...and that was my Walmart Adventure.....

2 comments:

Scott's said...

That is hilarious! Now you can say you have a throw up shirt and a poo shirt too! I love hearing about these things. And you thought it was just my kids that leaked on you......:)

Rushell said...

Oh... Good times. Tyler threw up in Fred Meyer (Seattle store) when he was about that age, luckly not on me but everywhere else and I was all alone too. I think it is like initiation to parenthood. Good luck!