The title says it all.....that is the American dream isn't it?
It has been a frustrating few days. As I am sitting on my couch this Tuesday evening at 9:44pm longing for my comfortable bed.....and I can't help but look around my house and think of EVERYTHING I should be doing. I have lived long enough to know that my "to-do" list will never get completed in the timeline I originally plan on. So how is it possible to do all this in only 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- Work as a full-time engineer (yeah - 60 hours of needed work a week that somehow gets crammed into 40 hours - lunch hours no longer exist)
- Teach a class at BYU every other week (I am loving it...but how did I think I would have time for this?)
- Put up ALL my Halloween decorations (half of them are still sitting on the living room floor)
- Manage to get EVERYTHING off my kitchen counter tops (how many piles can I make?)
- Make adjustments to Zach's Halloween costume (my kid has a big head - his costume needs some sewing adjustments)
- Actually FOLD the laundry...heck maybe even get it out of the dryer!
- Plan a meal schedule and follow it (I am tired of going out to lunch because I don't have time to make a lunch before I leave in the mornings).
- Do my grocery shopping before 10pm on a weeknight.
- Do my grocery shopping BEFORE Zach is out of milk...I think the gas station up the road is starting to wonder why someone would regularly only buy a gallon milk in their mini-mart.
- Get 8-10 hours of continuous sleep on a REGULAR basis
- Take a bubble bath
- Play more with Zach (I love this kid)
- Date nights (what are those again?)
- Decide on a window curtain designs and fabrics (it has only been almost 3 years....)
- Work on Zach's baby book
- Heck, when was the last time I scrap booked period? Maybe when I left Austin 3 years ago....
- Actually watch the shows I am recording on my DVR
- Exercise - what is that? I am glad I bought that 4 year gym membership....
- Have a social life with my neighbors. I seriously see them as much as I see my parents.
I could go on and on...but now it is 10:02pm and I REALLY want to go to bed.....